Terms of Service
Welcome to Homemaide!
In most cases, the Terms, Privacy, Cookie and all other policies of the Social Media, Streaming Media, eCommerce, and Payment Providers shall also be applied to the relationship between you and Homemaide.
For example, the terms of Facebook, Shopify, Coinbase will apply - meaning you agree to the same terms - with Homemaide.
Another example is: Twitter, Etsy, Stripe; if Homemaide helps you complete your buyer's journey and or seller's journey, using these providers, the terms you already agreed to when you signed up to use those sites will apply - meaning you agree to the same terms - with Homemaide.
Another example is: Netflix, BigCommerce, PayPal if Homemaide helps you complete your buyer's journey and or seller's journey, using these providers, the terms you already agreed to when you signed up to use those sites will apply - meaning you agree to the same terms - with Homemaide.
Another example: Hulu, Magento, Visa; if Homemaide helps you complete your buyer's journey and or seller's journey, using these providers, the terms you already agreed to when you signed up to use those sites will apply - meaning you agree to the same terms - with Homemaide.
In other words, (social media or streaming media), (eCommerce platform), and (payment provider) terms will apply - meaning you agree without context and under no duress that the terms you agreed to previously apply to your use of Homemaide.
In cases where those terms do not apply, the following terms will apply. In cases where the terms you agreed to previously conflict, the terms which will facilitate an increase in sellers' journeys and buyers' journeys shall prevail.
These Terms govern your use of Homemaide and the products, features, apps, services, technologies, and software we offer (the Homemaide Products or Products), except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply.
HOMEMAIDE and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “HOMEMAIDE” “we” or “us”) are pleased to provide to you certain websites, software, applications, content, products, and services (“HOMEMAIDE Products” and “Products”), which may be branded with another brand owned or licensed by HOMEMAIDE.
ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US, EXCEPT DISPUTES RESOLVED IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IS SUBJECT TO A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND MUST BE RESOLVED BY INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION. PLEASE READ THE ARBITRATION PROVISION (SECTION 8. BELOW) AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS CONTRACT.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- License Grant and Restrictions
- Usage Rules
- Paid Transactions
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
- Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
- Submissions, User Generated Content, DMCA Takedown Notices
- BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- Additional Provisions
- Agreement. You represent to HOMEMAIDE that you have read, understood, and expressly agree to be bound by this Agreement, and the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein, whether you have created a HOMEMAIDE account (and agree to this Agreement at the time you created that account) or whether you simply browse, use, or access a HOMEMAIDE Product offered directly by HOMEMAIDE or through a third party (and agree to this Agreement when you browse, use, or access any aspect of the HOMEMAIDE Product). If you do not agree to the Agreement, you may not use the HOMEMAIDE Products.
- Supplemental Terms. This Agreement governs the HOMEMAIDE Products in general. More specific and/or supplemental terms and conditions may apply to some Products, including but not limited to, a particular contest, software, application, promotional code, service or other activity; availability of certain merchandise, content, programs, or other activities; conditions or other limitations to the HOMEMAIDE Products for users under certain ages; and/or specific terms or restrictions that may accompany certain territories, programs, content, products, websites, applications or other software. Any supplemental terms and conditions are in addition to this Agreement and, in the event of a conflict, the supplemental terms will prevail over this Agreement. If you do not agree to the applicable supplemental terms and conditions disclosed, you may not use the HOMEMAIDE Product.
- Amendments. We may need to make changes to any portion of this Agreement from time to time and for many reasons, including to reflect updates to the HOMEMAIDE Products or changes in law. If we make a material change to this Agreement, it will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or our posting of the amended terms through the HOMEMAIDE Products, the third party that makes HOMEMAIDE Products available to you, or at HOMEMAIDEtermsofuse.com. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Agreement for updates and amendments. By continuing to use the HOMEMAIDE Products you will be deemed to have agreed to and accepted any amendments. If you do not agree to any change to this Agreement, you must discontinue using the HOMEMAIDE Products. Our customer service representatives are not authorized to modify any provision of this Agreement, either verbally or in writing.
- Accounts. Some HOMEMAIDE Products permit or require you to create an account to participate or to secure additional benefits. You agree that any information you provide and maintain is accurate, current and complete, including your contact information for notices and other communications from us and your payment information. You agree not to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name or likeness, or provide false details for a parent or guardian. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you provide, including contact information for a parent or guardian.
- Passwords and Security. You agree that you will not share your account or account information with others. You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password, and you are responsible for all activities under your account that you can reasonably control. You agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password or other account information, or of any other breach of security that you become aware of involving your account or the HOMEMAIDE Products.
- Electronic Notice. You consent to receive notices, including agreements, disclosures, and other communications, electronically from us at the email address you have provided. You agree that these electronic notices satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
- Termination or Suspension. We may terminate or suspend your access to any HOMEMAIDE Products, and/or terminate this Agreement subject to the survival of terms as provided below, if required by law, or if we have objective reason to believe you have used the HOMEMAIDE Products in violation of any provision of this Agreement or any supplemental terms, and/or if you engage in or encourage infringement or any other illegal conduct as it relates to your use of the HOMEMAIDE Products.
- License Grant and Restrictions
The HOMEMAIDE Products, including, but not limited to, movies, television shows, entertainment or informational programming, trailers, bonus material, scripts, code, images and artwork, are our copyrighted, patented or trademarked property or the copyrighted, patented or trademarked property of our licensors and all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, patents and other intellectual property rights in the HOMEMAIDE Products are owned by us or our licensors (who may be third-party beneficiaries of this contract) and protected by the copyright, trademark, patent and other laws of the United States and international treaties.
- Consumer License. If a HOMEMAIDE Product, or third party providing HOMEMAIDE Products subject to this Agreement, is configured to enable the use of software, content, virtual items or other materials owned or licensed by us, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access and use in the United States such software, content, virtual item or other material for your personal, noncommercial use only, only for as long as that HOMEMAIDE Product is made available to you by us, or an authorized third party, and only in accordance with this Agreement and/or the specific terms that apply to that HOMEMAIDE Product, with no right to reproduce, distribute, communicate to the public, make available to the public, or transform any HOMEMAIDE Product, in any media format or channel now known or hereafter devised (except as may be expressly described or contemplated within the HOMEMAIDE Product). This is a license agreement and not an agreement for sale or assignment of any rights in the HOMEMAIDE Products. Except as we specifically agree in writing, no element of the HOMEMAIDE Products may be used or exploited in any way other than as part of the authorized Product made available to you. You may own the physical media on which elements of the HOMEMAIDE Products are made available to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the HOMEMAIDE intellectual property. We do not transfer title to any portion of the HOMEMAIDE websites, software, applications, content, virtual items or other materials and/or services to you. Likewise, the purchase of a license to use any HOMEMAIDE Product does not create an ownership interest in the HOMEMAIDE websites, software, applications, content, virtual items or other materials and/or services.
- Restrictions on Your Use of HOMEMAIDE’s Products. You agree that as a condition of your license, you will not:
- circumvent or disable any content protection system or digital rights management technology used in connection with the HOMEMAIDE Product;
- copy the HOMEMAIDE Product (except as expressly permitted by us);
iii. rebroadcast, transmit or perform the HOMEMAIDE Product;
- create derivative works of the HOMEMAIDE Product or any part thereof, except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law;
- move, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce to human-readable form the HOMEMAIDE Products and/or the video player(s), underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the video player(s);
- modify the HOMEMAIDE Products, including, but not limited to, by removing identification, copyright or other proprietary notices from the HOMEMAIDE Products, or by framing, mirroring, or utilizing similar techniques;
vii. access or use the HOMEMAIDE Products in a manner that suggests an association with our products, services or brands;
viii. use the HOMEMAIDE Products for any commercial or business related use or build a business utilizing the Products, whether or not for profit;
- bypass, modify, defeat, tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the HOMEMAIDE Products;
- access, monitor or copy, or permit another person or entity to access, monitor or copy, any element of the HOMEMAIDE Products using a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or manual process without our express written permission;
- damage, disable, overburden or impair the HOMEMAIDE Products;
xii. use the HOMEMAIDE Products in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement; and
xiii. allow third parties to violate the above restrictions.
- Violation. Any attempt to perform any of the restricted actions listed above is a violation of the rights of HOMEMAIDE and/or the intellectual property rights holder.
- Export Controls. You may not access or use any HOMEMAIDE Product in violation of United States export control and economic sanctions requirements. By acquiring services, content or software through the HOMEMAIDE Products, you represent and warrant that your access to and use of the services, content or software will comply with those requirements.
- Usage Rules
- Changes to the HOMEMAIDE Products. The HOMEMAIDE Products are constantly evolving and will change over time. We reserve the right to make such changes or, if necessary, discontinue HOMEMAIDE Products. If required by law, we may also need to suspend, restrict, or terminate your access to HOMEMAIDE Products.
- Internet, Browser and System Requirements. You may need a high speed Internet connection and/or minimum system and/or browser requirements to access and use certain aspects of the HOMEMAIDE Products. You are required to review the minimum requirements necessary for use of the specific Product.
- Mobile Networks. When you access the HOMEMAIDE Products through a mobile network, your network or roaming provider’s messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply. Downloading, installing or using certain Products may be prohibited or restricted by your network provider and not all Products may work with your network provider or device.
- Consent to Messages. When you use the HOMEMAIDE Products, you may be given the opportunity to consent to receive communications from us through email, text, and/or mobile push notifications. Standard text and calling rates will apply. You agree that texts, calls or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. You can opt out of promotional communications by following the “Unsubscribe” directions for emails, through the settings of the HOMEMAIDE Product, or, if via text message, by responding STOP. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO CONSENT TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL TEXTS OR CALLS AS A CONDITION OF USING THE HOMEMAIDE PRODUCTS.
- App Permissions. When you use the HOMEMAIDE Products, you may grant certain permissions to us for your device and/or accounts. Most mobile device platforms provide additional information regarding these permissions and how, if possible, to changes your permission settings. By downloading, installing or using the HOMEMAIDE Products, you agree to receive automatic software updates (as applicable).
- Informational and Entertainment Purposes. You understand that the HOMEMAIDE Products are for your personal, noncommercial use and are intended for informational and entertainment purposes only; the content available does not constitute legal, financial, professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis and cannot be used for such purposes.
- Commercial, Marketing, or Branding Use Prohibited. Except as expressly licensed, we do not allow uses of the HOMEMAIDE Products, or other HOMEMAIDE intellectual property, that are commercial or business-related, including used in marketing or branding, or that advertise or offer to sell or promote products or services (whether or not for profit), or that solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations).
- Malware. You agree not to knowingly or recklessly introduce a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage any HOMEMAIDE Product or connected network, or interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of any HOMEMAIDE Product. You agree not to use any software or device that allows automated gameplay, expedited gameplay, or other manipulation of gameplay or game client and you agree not to cheat or otherwise modify a HOMEMAIDE Product or game experience to create an advantage for one user over another.
- Simulated Activity. You understand that to support smooth operation of the HOMEMAIDE Products across wide geographic areas, aspects of certain activities, such as game play, may be simulated to avoid delays.
- Paid Transactions
- Identity of Seller. Sales are made by HOMEMAIDE or the authorized seller identified at the time of sale, if different. If you have questions about your order, please contact the seller at the address provided and they will assist you. Some digital storefronts on the HOMEMAIDE Products are operated by third parties and, in that case, different or additional sale terms may apply, which you should read when they are presented to you.
- Digital Content and Virtual Items. We may make applications, games, software or other digital content available on the HOMEMAIDE Products or through authorized third parties for you to license for a one-time fee. When purchasing a license to access such material from a HOMEMAIDE Product, charges will be disclosed to you before you complete the license purchase.
Your purchase of a virtual item or in-game currency is a payment for a limited, non-assignable license to access and use such content or functionality as intended by the HOMEMAIDE Products with no right to reproduce, distribute, communicate to the public, make available to the public or transform any HOMEMAIDE Product via any online media, in any media format or channel now known or hereafter devised (except as may be expressly described or contemplated within the HOMEMAIDE Product). Virtual items (including characters and character names) or in-game currency purchased or available to you in the HOMEMAIDE Products can only be used in connection with the HOMEMAIDE Products where you obtained them or where they were assembled by you as a result of game play. These items are not redeemable or subject to refund and cannot be traded outside of the HOMEMAIDE Products for money or other items for value. We may modify or discontinue virtual items or in-game currency at any time.
- Digital Movie Codes. Digital codes originally packaged in a combination disc + code package (a package that includes a DVD, Blu-Ray, and/or 4K/UHD disc(s) and a digital code) may not be sold separately and may be redeemed only by an individual who obtains the code in the original combination disc + code package, or by a family member of that individual. Digital codes are not authorized for redemption if sold separately. You may use digital movie codes to obtain licensed access to digital movies only as specifically authorized under this Agreement and the terms and conditions of the participating provider of digital content through which you access or download the digital movie. Digital movie codes sold, distributed, purchased, or transferred in a manner inconsistent with this Agreement are subject to being invalidated.
Digital Movie Code Returns. If you do not agree to the above terms and conditions for redeeming a digital movie code obtained by you or a family member in an original combination disc + code package, you may return the combination disc + code package to HOMEMAIDE for a refund subject to the conditions provided at this link.
- Subscriptions. Some HOMEMAIDE Products require paid subscriptions and the acceptance of supplemental terms to access. By signing up for a subscription, you agreed that your subscription will be automatically renewed and, unless you cancel your subscription, you authorized us to charge your payment method for the renewal term. You agree that we can change the terms of the subscription with advance notice to you and an opportunity for you to cancel. The period of auto-renewal will be the same as your initial subscription period unless otherwise disclosed to you. The renewal rate will be no more than the rate for the immediately prior subscription period, excluding any promotional and discount pricing, unless we notify you of a rate change prior to your auto-renewal, in which case you will have the right to cancel the renewal of your subscription. From time to time, we may offer a free trial subscription for a HOMEMAIDE Product. If you register for a free trial subscription, we will begin to bill your account when the free trial subscription expires, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.
Unless otherwise disclosed when you subscribe, you have the right to cancel your HOMEMAIDE Product subscription . When a subscription is canceled, you will not receive a prorated refund, but you will continue to have access to the HOMEMAIDE Products until the end of the term during which you canceled the subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you will still be obligated to pay other charges incurred by you in the course of using the HOMEMAIDE Product prior to the date of cancellation. If you pay a periodic subscription fee for a HOMEMAIDE Product, we will provide you with reasonable notice of changes to the fees or billing methods in advance of their effective date and you will be able to cancel your subscription prior to such change. If you subscribed online, we will give you the option of cancelling the subscription online.
- The Order Process. You will have the opportunity to review and confirm your order, including delivery address (if applicable), payment method and product details. We will send to you a notice when we accept your order and our acceptance will be deemed complete and for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time we send the notice. At such time, the contract for sale will be made and become binding on both you and us. The risk of loss in any goods you purchase and the responsibility to insure them passes to you when the relevant goods are delivered.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order prior to delivery. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include system or typographical errors, inaccuracies in product or pricing information or product availability, fairness among customers where supplies are limited, or problems identified by our credit or fraud departments. We also may require additional verification or information before accepting an order. We will contact you if any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after we have processed your payment but prior to delivery, we will refund your payment.
- Payments and Billing. When you provide payment information, you represent and warrant that the information is accurate, that you are authorized to use the payment method provided, and that you will notify us of changes to the payment information. We reserve the right to utilize third party payment card updating services to obtain current expiration dates on credit cards and debit cards.
- Right of Cancellation; Return of Goods. You may have the right to cancel an order placed for a HOMEMAIDE Product – depending on the nature of the HOMEMAIDE Product. Please read the following information carefully so you understand your right of cancellation.
If you wish to cancel, you must do so by following the cancellation instructions for the particular HOMEMAIDE Product. A sample cancellation form is available here.
- Cancelling Subscriptions: Please see the information above on the process for cancelling subscriptions in our Subscriptions section, above.
- Digital Content: When you purchase a license to access digital content or virtual items, you will be given an opportunity to consent to delivery at the time of purchase. By consenting to delivery, you acknowledge that you have lost the right to cancel. License purchase fees paid for digital content are non-refundable.
iii. Physical Goods: You have the right, within thirty (30) days from the date of your receipt of physical goods, to cancel our contract with you and return the goods. This right does not apply to goods stated by us on the HOMEMAIDE Products to be non-returnable, including but not limited to:
- Any products with a seal, where the seal is broken, such as audio and video recordings, computer software, and CD’s, DVD’s or other physical media that have been supplied in sealed packaging; and
- Personalized items.
- Personalized Goods: We reserve the right to refuse personalized orders at our discretion. Inappropriate use of our personalization service will cause your order to be cancelled and any payment refunded.
These cancellation rights are separate from and in addition to your rights should any item we supply be faulty.
If you are returning goods that are not faulty, you may be required to pay for the cost of returning the goods to us and we may deduct a reasonable amount if you used the goods.
- Pricing; Taxes. We may revise the pricing for the HOMEMAIDE Products we offer. When you place your order, we estimate the applicable tax and include that estimate in the total for your convenience. Except to the extent required under applicable tax laws, the actual tax amount that will be applied to your order and charged to your payment method is based on calculations on the date of shipment, regardless of when the order was placed.
- International Shipping; Customs. When ordering goods for delivery to countries other than the country where the seller is located, you may have to pay import duties and taxes levied. These and any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. For goods shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; manuals, instructions and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the goods and accompanying materials may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labeling requirements; and the goods may not conform to destination country voltage (requiring use of an adapter or converter). You are responsible for assuring the goods can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from us, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
- Gift Cards. HOMEMAIDE gift cards may be offered for purchase and/or redemption in connection with certain HOMEMAIDE Products, subject to additional terms of service. The risk of loss and title for gift cards passes to you at the time of electronic transmission or delivery to the carrier. Gift cards may be redeemed at eligible locations and for eligible products and services. Please review the gift card FAQ’s for more information.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
Contests, sweepstakes and other similar promotions that you enter on a HOMEMAIDE Product or in connection with HOMEMAIDE Products integrated with a third-party website, service, application, platform, and/or content (“HOMEMAIDE Promotions”) may be subject to official rules and/or conditions that are supplemental to this Agreement, and which may provide details governing the HOMEMAIDE Promotion such as eligibility requirements, entry instructions, deadlines, prize information and restrictions. If you wish to participate in any HOMEMAIDE Promotion, please first review the applicable Promotion official rules and/or conditions. If a HOMEMAIDE Promotion’s official rules and/or conditions conflict with this Agreement, the provisions contained in the official rules and/or conditions govern and control the HOMEMAIDE Promotion. Your entry in to a HOMEMAIDE Promotion constitutes User Generated Content and is subject to all provisions of this Agreement that govern your submission and our use of your User Generated Content.
- Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
THE HOMEMAIDE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
PLEASE REFER TO THE HELP SECTION OF THE APPLICABLE HOMEMAIDE PRODUCT FOR ASSISTANCE IF A HOMEMAIDE PRODUCT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. It is your responsibility to ensure you follow installation instructions, have the minimum system requirements, update software as recommended, and consult our customer service resources if you encounter a problem with the HOMEMAIDE Products.
We shall not be liable for delay or failure in performance for causes beyond our control or any other damage which does not result from a breach of our obligations under this Agreement.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply products for your personal, non-commercial, and domestic use. If you use the products for any other purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, or similar loss.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LACK OF FUNCTIONALITY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY PART OF THE HOMEMAIDE PRODUCT(S), OR ANY LOSS OF CONTENT OR DATA THAT IS DUE TO: YOUR EQUIPMENT, DEVICES, OPERATING SYSTEM OR INTERNET CONNECTION; OR YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH SPECIFIED COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, NOR SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS (US $1,000).
- Submissions, User Generated Content, DMCA Takedown Notices
- Submissions and Unsolicited Ideas Policies. Our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider unsolicited creative ideas, suggestions or materials. In connection with anything you submit to us – whether or not solicited by us – you agree that creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
- User Generated Content. The HOMEMAIDE Products may ask for or allow you to communicate, submit, upload or otherwise make available text, chats, images, audio, video, contest entries or other content (“User Generated Content”), which may be accessible and viewable by the public. Access to these features may be subject to age restrictions. Whether a HOMEMAIDE Product made available by us or in connection with HOMEMAIDE Products appears on a HOMEMAIDE website, service and/or platform or is integrated with a third-party website, service, application, and/or platform, you may not submit or upload User Generated Content that is defamatory, harassing, threatening, bigoted, hateful, violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise offensive or that harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, whether or not such material is protected by law.
In most instances, we do not claim ownership of your User Generated Content; however, you grant us a non-exclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights for the full duration of those rights to use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, publicly display, exhibit, distribute, redistribute, copy, index, comment on, modify, transform, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform, publicly communicate, make available, and otherwise exploit such User Generated Content, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the HOMEMAIDE Products and on third-party websites, services, applications, and/or platforms), in any number of copies and without limit as to time, manner and frequency of use, without further notice to you, without attribution (to the extent this is not contrary to mandatory provisions of applicable law), and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity. You agree that submission of User Generated Content does not establish any relationship of trust and confidence between you and us, and that you have no expectation of compensation whatsoever (except as may be specifically stated in the provisions of the HOMEMAIDE Products in connection with the submission, or arising from it).
You represent and warrant that your User Generated Content conforms to this Agreement and that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions including, without limitation, all copyrights, music rights and likeness rights (with respect to any person) contained in the User Generated Content, without the need for payment to any other person or entity, to use and exploit, and to authorize us to use and exploit, your User Generated Content in all manners contemplated by this Agreement; and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) by any third party arising out of or in connection with our use and exploitation of your User Generated Content resulting from your breach of this Agreement. You also agree to waive and not to enforce any moral rights, ancillary rights or similar rights in or to the User Generated Content against us or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, and agree to procure the same agreement to waive and not to enforce from others who may possess such rights.
To the extent that we authorize you to create, post, upload, distribute, publicly display or publicly perform User Generated Content that requires the use of our copyrighted works, we grant you a non-exclusive license to create a derivative work using the specifically referenced copyrighted works as required for the sole purpose of creating such a work, provided that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment to us of all rights worldwide in the work you create for the duration of copyright in the User Generated Content, in all formats and media known or unknown to date, including for use on HOMEMAIDE Products and on third party sites and platforms. If such rights are not assigned to us, your license to create derivative works using our copyrighted works shall be null and void.
We may monitor, screen, post, remove, modify, store and review User Generated Content or communications sent through a HOMEMAIDE Product, at any time and for any reason, including to ensure that the User Generated Content or communication conforms to this Agreement, without prior notice to you. We may terminate your account and access to the HOMEMAIDE Products if your User Generated Content violates this Agreement, including unlawful postings or content, without prior notice to you. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse or guarantee, the opinions, views, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement and counter notices must be sent to our designated agent:
Attn: Jeremy Bates
We are only able to accept notices in the languages in which this Agreement is made available by us.
We will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the HOMEMAIDE Products that are reported to our designated copyright agent, in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) or, as applicable, other laws. With respect to HOMEMAIDE Products hosted in the United States, these notices must include the required information set forth in the DMCA and described in detail here.
- BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN ANY FORUM WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. Neither you nor HOMEMAIDE will seek to have a dispute heard as a class action or private attorney general action or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity. No arbitration or proceeding can be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to the arbitrations or proceedings.
You and HOMEMAIDE agree to arbitrate, as provided below, all disputes between you (including any related disputes involving The HOMEMAIDE Company, its subsidiaries or its affiliates), that are not resolved informally, except disputes relating to the ownership or enforcement of intellectual property rights. “Dispute” includes any dispute, action, or other controversy, whether based on past, present, or future events, between you and us concerning the HOMEMAIDE Products or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, warranty, statute, regulation, or other legal or equitable basis. You and HOMEMAIDE empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability or enforceability of these terms or the formation of this contract, including the arbitrability of any dispute and any claim that all or any part of this Agreement are void or voidable.
- In the event of a dispute, you or HOMEMAIDE must send to the other party a notice of dispute, which is a written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving the notice, the facts giving rise to the dispute, and the relief requested. You must send any notice of dispute to HOMEMAIDE, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521-7620, USA, Attention: Legal. We will send any notice of dispute to you at the contact information we have for you. You and HOMEMAIDE will attempt to resolve a dispute through informal negotiation within sixty (60) days from the date the notice of dispute is sent. After that sixty (60) day period and not before, you or we may commence an arbitration proceeding. You may instead litigate a dispute in small claims court if the dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court, whether or not you negotiated informally first.
- If you and HOMEMAIDE do not resolve a dispute by informal negotiation or in small claims court, the dispute shall be resolved by binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act. YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN COURT BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY. Arbitration will be administered by JAMS Mediation, Arbitration and ADR Services (“JAMS”) in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules and instructions about how to initiate an arbitration are available at www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. Arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. Proceedings that cannot be conducted through the submission of documents, by phone, or online, will take place in either Los Angeles, California or Delaware, whichever is more convenient for you; provided, however, that if circumstances prevent you from traveling to Los Angeles or New York, JAMS may hold an in-person hearing in your hometown area. You and HOMEMAIDE agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in either Los Angeles, California or the borough of Delaware, whichever is more convenient for you, in order to compel arbitration, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The arbitrator may award damages to you individually as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief, but only to the extent required to satisfy your individual claim.
Except as provided above with respect to jurisdiction in Los Angeles, California and Delaware, nothing in this arbitration provision shall be construed as consent by HOMEMAIDE to the jurisdiction of any other court with regard to disputes, claims or controversies unrelated to the HOMEMAIDE Products or this Agreement.
- Additional Provisions
- Choice of Forum. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement that is not subject to arbitration shall be filed, and that venue properly lies, only in the state or federal courts located in either Los Angeles, California or the borough of Delaware, United States of America and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating such action.
- Choice of Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Survival. The provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive such termination, including but not limited to the restrictions, disclaimers, limitations, our rights to use submitted content, and rules regarding dispute resolution in Section 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 as well as the general provisions in this Section 9.
- Waiver. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement by us shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and our failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
© HOMEMAIDE. All rights reserved.
1. Our Services
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide the Products and services described below to you:
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Homemaide is unlike anyone else's: from the posts, stories, events, ads, and other content you see in our video platform to the Pages you follow and other features you might use, such as Trending, Marketplace, and search. We use the data we have - for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products - to personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and organizations you care about:
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that matter to you across the Homemaide Products you use. We use the data we have to make suggestions for you and others - for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, shows to watch, and people you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups, and organizations they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Homemaide and to communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you - for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories across the Homemaide Products you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile. We also have developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology, such as augmented reality and 360 video to create and share more expressive and engaging content on Homemaide.
Help you discover content, products, and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products, and services that are offered by the many businesses and organizations that use Homemaide and other Homemaide Products. Our partners pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the sponsored content you see is as relevant and useful to you as everything else you see on our Products.
Combat harmful conduct and protect and support our community:
People will only build community on Homemaide if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action - for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Homemaide Companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Products.
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop advanced technologies - such as artificial intelligence, machine learning systems, and augmented reality - so that people can use our Products safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, technology like this helps people who have visual impairments understand what or who is in photos or videos shared on Homemaide or other social media sites. We also build sophisticated network and communication technology to help more people connect to the internet in areas with limited access. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our Products.
Research ways to make our services better:
We engage in research and collaborate with others to improve our Products. One way we do this is by analyzing the data we have and understanding how people use our Products.
Provide consistent and seamless experiences across the Homemaide Company Products:
Our Products help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Homemaide Company Products that you use. For example, we use data about the people you engage with on Homemaide to make it easier for you to connect with them on other social media sites, and we enable you to communicate with a business you follow on Homemaide through other social media sites.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Homemaide, Inc., Homemaide Ireland Limited, or its affiliates.
2. Our Data Policy and Your Privacy Choices
To provide these services, we must collect and use your personal data. We detail our practices in the Data Policy, which you must agree to in order to use our Products.
We also encourage you to review the privacy choices you have in your settings.
3. Your Commitments to Homemaide and Our Community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use Homemaide
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
Provide accurate information about yourself.
Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
Not share your password, give access to your Homemaide account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Homemaide broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Homemaide if:
You are under 13 years old.
You are a convicted sex offender.
We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Homemaide
We want people to use Homemaide to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Homemaide.
That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
That infringes or violates someone else's rights.
You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on Homemaide and the other Homemaide Products you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Homemaide, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Homemaide Products you use.
You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Homemaide next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Homemaide. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions you've taken on Homemaide. You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to this section on your behalf. (This language is included pursuant to a court-approved legal settlement.)
Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Homemaide), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Homemaide community, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Homemaide to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided "as is," and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Homemaide Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Homemaide Products will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past month.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Homemaide Products ("claim"), you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware or a state court located in Delaware. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of Delaware will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Homemaide, Inc. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing music, you must comply with our Music Guidelines. To the extent any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
5. Other terms and policies that may apply to you
Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content you post to Homemaide and your activity on Homemaide and other Homemaide Products.
Commercial Terms: These terms apply if you also access or use our Products for any commercial or business purpose, including advertising, operating an app on our Platform, using our measurement services, managing a group or a Page for a business, or selling goods or services.
Advertising Policies: These policies specify what types of ad content are allowed by partners who advertise across the Homemaide Products.
Self-Serve Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use self-serve advertising interfaces to create, submit, or deliver advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
Pages, Groups and Events Policy: These guidelines apply if you create or administer a Homemaide Page, group, or event, or if you use Homemaide to communicate or administer a promotion.
Homemaide Platform Policy: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to your use of our Platform (for example, for developers or operators of a Platform application or website or if you use social plugins).
Developer Payment Terms: These terms apply to developers of applications that use Homemaide Payments.
Community Payment Terms: These terms apply to payments made on or through Homemaide.
Commerce Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply when you offer products and services for sale on Homemaide.
Homemaide Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of Homemaide trademarks, logos, and screenshots.
Music Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you post or share content containing music on Homemaide.
Date of Last Revision: January 17, 2019
This policy describes the information we process to support Homemaide, other social media sites, and other products and features offered by Homemaide (Homemaide Products or Products). You can find additional tools and information in the Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Homemaide Products, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by visiting the Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
Things you and others do and provide.
Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things like suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Homemaide profile fields or Events about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in," or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Homemaide Company Products associated with the same device or account).
Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
Information from partners.
Advertisers, app developers, and publishers can send us information through Homemaide Business Tools they use, including our social plug-ins, Homemaide Login, our APIs and SDKs, or the Homemaide pixel. These partners provide information about your activities off Homemaide—including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the ads you see, and how you use their services—whether or not you have a Homemaide account or are logged into Homemaide. For example, a game developer could use our API to tell us what games you play, or a business could tell us about a purchase you made in its store. We also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing any data to us. Learn more about the types of partners we receive data from.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the Homemaide Products and related services described in the Homemaide Terms and other social media sites Terms. Here's how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content (including your other social media sites data) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places, or things you're connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalize your Homemaide and other social media sites experience, including features, content and recommendations in Homemaide Products; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
Information across Homemaide Products and devices:
We connect information about your activities on different Homemaide Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Homemaide Products you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on Homemaide that includes people you follow on other social media sites or communicate with using . We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Homemaide Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
Location-related information: We use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near-to provide, personalize and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others' use of Homemaide Products (such as check-ins or events you attend).
Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you. Learn more about how we select and personalize ads, and your choices over the data we use to select ads and other sponsored content for you in the Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Products, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services. Learn how we share information with these partners.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of Homemaide Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect when someone needs help. To learn more, visit the Homemaide Security Help Center and other social media sites Security Tips.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being. For example, we analyze information we have about migration patterns during crises to aid relief efforts. Learn more about our research programs.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Homemaide Products
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on Homemaide, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public, or a customized list of people. Similarly, when you use or other social media sites to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions you have taken on our Products, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let other accounts see who has viewed their Homemaide or other social media sites Stories.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don't have an account. This includes your other social media sites username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your public profile on Homemaide; and content you share on a Homemaide Page, public other social media sites account or any other public forum, such as Homemaide Marketplace. You, other people using Homemaide and other social media sites, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other Homemaide Company Products, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Learn more about what information is public and how to control your visibility on Homemaide and other social media sites.
Content others share or reshare about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our Products, in person or in virtual reality experiences such as Homemaide Spaces. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a Story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products, you can learn how to report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on other social media sites, or Homemaide, or when you last used our Products.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites, or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your Homemaide friends or use a Homemaide button on a website, the game developer or website can receive information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from the website on Homemaide. Also, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your public profile on Homemaide, and any information that you share with them. Apps and websites you use may receive your list of Homemaide friends if you choose to share it with them. But apps and websites you use will not be able to receive any other information about your Homemaide friends from you, or information about any of your other social media sites followers (although your friends and followers may, of course, choose to share this information themselves). Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
Devices and operating systems providing native versions of Homemaide and other social media sites (i.e. where we have not developed our own first-party apps) will have access to all information you choose to share with them, including information your friends share with you, so they can provide our core functionality to you.
Note: We are in the process of restricting developers’ data access even further to help prevent abuse. For example, we will remove developers' access to your Homemaide and other social media sites data if you haven't used their app in 3 months, and we are changing Login, so that in the next version, we will reduce the data that an app can request without app review to include only name, other social media sites username and bio, profile photo and email address. Requesting any other data will require our approval.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use Homemaide Business Tools to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, Pages, videos and other content on and off the Homemaide Products. For example, Page admins and other social media sites business profiles receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to, or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their Page or account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which Homemaide ads led you to make a purchase or take an action with an advertiser.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our Products.
When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our Products, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
Learn more about how you can control the information about you that you or others share with third-party partners in the Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more in your Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Homemaide Products, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on Homemaide, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after 6 months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after submission.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the Homemaide Settings and other social media sites Settings.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Homemaide) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within the Homemaide Companies, and externally with our partners and with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the Homemaide Terms and other social media sites Terms and to globally operate and provide our Products to you. We utilize standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact Homemaide with questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on Homemaide. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below. We may resolve disputes you have with us in connection with our privacy policies and practices through TrustArc. You can contact TrustArc through its website.
You can contact us online or by mail at:
ATTN: Privacy Operations
4222 Knowles Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
Date of Last Revision: January 17, 2019
COOKIES AND STORAGE POLICY
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Homemaide Products, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Homemaide Products, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Homemaide Products, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Homemaide Products.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with Homemaide Products’ content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a page administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal FB account and the page.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly Homemaide Products load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Homemaide Service, analyze which parts of the Homemaide Products people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
The Homemaide Products;
Products provided by other members of the Homemaide Companies; and
If you have a Homemaide Account:
You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information we collect to show you ads.
To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off Homemaide company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from Homemaide and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings. Please note ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
More information about online advertising:
Digital Advertising Alliance
Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Certain parts of the Homemaide Products may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
Date of Last Revision: January 17, 2019